The Brookside Theatre in Romford is launching Havering’s Got Talent!
Do you have a hidden talent? If so, the Brookside Theatre would love to hear from you. In association with The Havering Daily, Time FM, the Romford Recorder and the Romford Business Improvement District, the theatre is proud to present Havering’s Got Talent. Are you an Amazing Singer? Hilarious comedian? Uncanny Impressionist? Rapping Granny or own a Tap dancing Poodle?
Starting this month, the theatre will be launching an exciting new talent competition HAVERING’S GOT TALENT in which the winner will take away a cash prize of £500.
They are looking for talented individuals or groups; singers, musicians, dancers, comedians, magicians, ventriloquists, impressionists, drag artists, novelty acts; in fact, anyone who believes that their talent could win them the cash prize.
Every other Wednesday at 7pm, from 8th July, 10 acts will be broadcast on the theatre’s YouTube channel where the top two, as voted for by the public, will be offered the opportunity to perform in a live final which will take place at the Brookside Theatre, Romford early 2021. The lucky finalists will perform in front of a live audience and judged by a special guest panel.
To keep up to date with heats, voting and winners, simply ‘like’ the Brookside Theatre’s Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/BrooksideTheatre and subscribe to the theatre’s Youtube channel; https://www.youtube.com/brooksideonscreen?sub_confirmation=1 and anyone wanting to take part should send their videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and an application form visit http://www.brooksidetheatre.com.
GUIDELINES AND RULES
WHO CAN ENTER:
· ALL contestants MUST live in or around Havering area (including Redbridge and Barking & Dagenham).
· All acts MUST be family friendly.
· Acts MUST consist of no more than 10 (ten) people.
· There are no age restrictions for contestants.
HOW TO ENTER:
· Submit a video filmed on a mobile device or previously recorded footage is also permissible.
· Video submissions should be no longer than 10 minutes.
· When filming, please consider your safety and the safety of all others, observing social distancing at all time.
· Upload the video using Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or any other cloud storage provider or use a file transfer service such as WeTransfer.
· Video submissions must be received no later than 7 days prior to each heat, closing date for the first heat is Wednesday 1 July 2020 – last submission date Wednesday 4 November 2020.
· IMPORTANT: Please make sure the Dropbox link is publicly available so the file can be downloaded.
· Every other Wednesday, 10 (ten) acts will be broadcast on the theatre’s YouTube channel with the top two voted for by the public being offered the opportunity to perform in the live final.
· YouTube heats will commence on Wednesday 8 July 2020 and there will be a total of 10 (ten) heats on the following dates:
Wednesday 8 July 2020
Wednesday 1 July 2020
Wednesday 22 July 2020
Wednesday 15 July 2020
Wednesday 5 August 2020
Wednesday 29 July 2020
Wednesday 19 August 2020
Wednesday 12 August 2020
Wednesday 2 September 2020
Wednesday 26 August 2020
Wednesday 16 September 2020
Wednesday 9 September 2020
Wednesday 30 September 2020
Wednesday 23 September 2020
Wednesday 14 October 2020
Wednesday 7 October 2020
Wednesday 28 October 2020
Wednesday 21 October 2020
Wednesday 11 November 2020
Wednesday 4 November 2020
· Successful entrants will be notified of the date of their YouTube heat via email.
· The 2 (two) acts that win each heat will be notified via email.
· The live final will be held at the Brookside Theatre in Romford early 2021 (date TBC).
· The live final with be judged by a panel of guest judges. The judges’ decision is final.
· The live final will be a ticketed event.
· The Act awarded First Place will win the cash prize of £500.00.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.