A lady was led to safety by firefighters on Monday 1 November on Bennison Drive in Harold Wood after a fire is believed to have involved a firework.
Firefighters were called to a fire at a maisonette on Bennison Drive in Harold Wood. They arrived to find a small fire in a first-floor maisonette. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus led one woman to safety from a first-floor bedroom who was treated on scene by London Ambulance Service crews after suffering from smoke inhalation.
The Brigade’s 999 Control Officers gave vital fire survival guidance to residents on how to stay safe before the Brigade arrived.
The fire is believed to have involved a firework.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Remember that fireworks are explosives, and as such should be treated with respect and only used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the Firework Code.
“Never drink alcohol and set off fireworks and don’t throw fireworks or return to a firework once it has been lit.”
The Brigade was called at 18:58 and the fire was under control by 19:36. Three fire engines and around 15 firefighters from Harold Hill, Romford and Hornchurch fire stations attended the scene.