Warning to dog walkers as a trap is found in Havering Park.

A dog walker from Collier Row has warned other dog walkers to be careful after her dog got her head caught in a metal wire trap on Saturday morning.

The shocking incident took place at Havering Park as Barbara walked her dog as she does every day at the Collier Row park.

She told the Havering Daily:

“Luckily she didn’t hurt herself too much as I was nearby. She panicked a bit because it went over her head and obviously she started puling and then began suffocating. She was in shock but I’m very glad I found her so quickly. I dread to think what could have happened to her especially as the wire was around her neck.

“I have have never seen traps like this before, for me this park was always the perfect place as my dog loves the freedom of running there.

“All the dog walkers here know each other and it is very beautiful here, that is why I am really upset to find something like this.

“She is okay now but it could have been so much worse. I took down the trap but I’m afraid that there could be more.

“Please be aware.”

The metal trap found.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: