Residents living along Roseberry Gardens in Upminster last night were advised by members of the emergency services to stay in their back gardens as a man was taken to hospital believed to have ingested a substance.
The incident occurred just after 9pm last night as locals took to social media groups saying they had been asked to remain in their back gardens for a period of time. Police, Fire and ambulances were all on scene in Upminster to deal with the situation.
A Met Police spokesperson told the Havering Daily:
“Police were called by LAS at 21:06hrs on Saturday, 19 June to concerns for the welfare of a man who was suspected to have ingested a substance.
“Officers attended with LFB. The man was taken to hospital.”
The incident is not being treated as suspicious