Mardyke Community centre rescues residents once again.

The Mardyke community centre in south Hornchurch stepped up to the mark once again last night when it opened its door to struggling residents with no electricity.

Due to a fire at the fuse board, residents of Orchard Village found themselves in the dark and cold without electricity. Whilst Clarion sorted out hotels to place people in, the local community centre immediately opened its doors to look after residents who were cold and with young children not knowing what to do.

Local activist Daniel Beal rallied round to help the community whilst centre manager Lesley opened up the centre to look after nearby residents in need of help. Councillor Natasha Summers jumped in to make hot drinks whilst locals waited to see where they were going to be placed.

Councillor Summers told the Havering Daily: “The Mardyke community centre is a vital lifeline for all the residents here. When problems like this arise, it is always there to support the community. Thank you to Lesley who does an amazing job opening up the doors straight away to help the families affected by the power cut. Well done to Clarion for sorting this matter out very speedily.”

For south Hornchurch residents, in particular those on the Orchard Village estate, the Mardyke Community centre is an integral part of the community and much needed for locals.

Please see the go fund me link to help keep the centre going.

Help Our Mardyke Community Centre

Our beloved Mardyke Community Centre Needs Our Help!

For many years our community centre has served our local community in so many ways, MYCC provides a space for services to be run from and serve many of our families be it our local drama groups, IT Training group’s, after school’s clubs, hall sp…

Read more & donate here –

Forward this message to your contacts to help this campaign reach its target!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: