Havering Councillor Viddy Persaud yesterday marked White Ribbon Day.
Councillor Persaud, Cabinet Member for Public Protection and Safety, told the Havering Daily:
“Today marks White Ribbon Day, also known as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
“During the pandemic we’ve seen an increase in domestic abuse, so we are asking Havering residents to report domestic abuse if they overhear it or experience it, and to reach out to friends, family members or neighbours if they are concerned.
“We are also asking men to fulfil the White Ribbon Promise to never commit, excuse or remain silent about violence against women.”
Please see the link below to Councillor Persaud’s video.
Local support agencies that can provide help:
· Havering Women’s Aid – 01708 728759
· MENDAS (male victims) – 01708 397 974
· Victim Support – 0808 168 9291
· National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0800 2000 247
· Men’s advice line – 0808 8010327